TransConflict is looking to recruit a number of Volunteer Collaborative Conflict Transformation Co-ordinators to support the achievement of its goals for 2014-2015.
TransConflict, a UK-registered charity, is looking to recruit a number of volunteer Volunteer Collaborative Conflict Transformation Co-ordinators to support its activities. Two of TransConflict’s main goals for 2014-2015 are:
- To continue to expand and strengthen the Global Coalition for Conflict Transformation, which is currently comprised of 117 organizations from 45 different places – including Afghanistan, Uganda, Northern Ireland, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Iraq.
- To pilot a new initiative, entitled Collaborative Conflict Transformation, which lays the foundations for collaborative conflict transformation by facilitating the sharing of perspectives on specific conflicts.
In order to achieve these goals, TransConflict is looking to recruit a number of volunteers to help:
- Promote Collaborative Conflict Transformation to relevant individuals, institutions and organizations;
- Provide inputs into the Collaborative Conflict Transformation templates – including conflict background, analysis and transformation;
- Identify and invite potential new members of the Global Coalition for Conflict Transformation;
- Maintain regular communication with GCCT members in a particular country/region;
- Promote the GCCT to interested institutions, individuals and organizations.
In particular, TransConflict is keen to secure volunteers from each of the respective places – Northern Ireland, the former Yugoslavia, Cyprus, the Middle East, Eastern Africa and Sri Lanka – but is open to applications from anywhere.
Interested applicants should have a keen interest in peacebuilding, whether through their academic studies or professional pursuits.
If you are interested in applying for this volunteer position, please send a copy of your curriculum vitae (CV) to email@example.com. In your email, please include a paragraph explaining why you are interested in this position, and which countries/regions you would be interested in covering.
Should you have any questions regarding this position, please write to TransConflict at firstname.lastname@example.org.