TransConflict is looking to recruit a volunteer social media manager to support the expansion of its outreach activities in 2014.
TransConflict, a UK-registered charity, is looking to recruit a volunteer Social Media Manager to support the expansion of its outreach activities. In 2013, TransConflict.com attracted over 315,000 unique visitors. For 2014, the target is to grow this number to 400,000. TransConflict.com has published an array of conflict- and conflict transformation-specific analysis and insight, with extensive plans to expand coverage of specific countries, regions and themes. TransConflict currently has over 3,300 followers on Twitter, over 2,400 likes on Facebook and over 800 members on LinkedIn. In addition, the Global Coalition for Conflict Transformation – established by TransConflict – has over 650 followers on Twitter, over 1,700 members of its Facebook group and over 650 members on LinkedIn. TransConflict is keen to improve its engagement with these followers in order to enhance the debate on conflict and conflict transformation.
This position would include:
- Enhancing TransConflict’s social media presence on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+;
- Responding to enquiries submitted to TransConflict through these respective social media channels;
- Contacting potential contributors of analysis for the TransConflict website;
- Editing articles for publication on TransConflict.com;
- Promoting the Global Coalition for Conflict Transformation and identify potential new member organizations.
This position is ideal for an undergraduate or post-graduate student eager to attain experience and build contacts in the peacebuilding sector.
If you are interested in applying for this volunteer position, please send a copy of your curriculum vitae (CV) to email@example.com. In your email, please include a paragraph explaining why you are interested in this position.
Should you have any questions regarding this position, please write to TransConflict at firstname.lastname@example.org.