- Where – Democratic Republic of Congo (Middle Africa)
- Contact Person – Isabelle Nagyuci
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address – Makobola-Bangwe Village, Fizi Rural Territory, Democratic Republic of Congo
Areas of Expertise
REFEADES has expertise in a range of areas, including:
Main Aims and Objectives
REFEADES’s main purposes are:
- To defend and promote human rights in general with a focus on women, youth and children;
- To fight against sexually transmitted diseases, such as AIDS;
- To promote peace and reconcilitaion between divided communities and churches;
- To make people become centres for non violence in their communities.
Upholding the Principles of Conflict Transformation
In its network, REFEADES promotes tolerance and understanding of another. REFEADES knows that people see and understand the situations in which they live diferently, hence they work to help foster understanding about the other persons’ feelings. REFEADES promotes love, humility and dialogue.
Where and with Whom?
REFEADES works with international organizations to promote and build its capacities, including the International Action Network on Small Arms (IANSA), the Womens’ Global Network for Reproductive Rights (WGNRR),
Youth for Nonviolence International (France), and Youth for Human Rights (USA).In addition, REFEADES works with local authorities from Makobola Village.
Main Activities in the Field of Conflict Transformation
REFEADES’s activities include:
- Organization of campaigns against the proliferation of small arms in areas ravaged by conflicts and war;
- Campaigns against gender-based violence in the Fizi Rural territory;
- Training workshops for staff members and young people on AIDS;
- Setting-up mediation and conciliating committees in villages which were, and are still being, ravaged by conflict.