- Where – Nigeria (Western Africa)
- Website – www.redelephantfoundation.org
- Contact Person – Kirthi Jayakumar
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address – Royal House, Mohammed Buhari Road, Tuduwada, Birnin Kebbi, Kebbi State, Nigeria
- Others – Twitter, Facebook
Areas of Expertise
The Red Elephant Foundation has expertise in a range of areas, including:
Main Aims and Objectives
The Red Elephant Foundation is an initiative that is built on the foundations of story-telling, civilian peacebuilding and activism for sensitisation on all drivers of peace – gender, race, nationality, colour and orientation. The initiative is titled “Red Elephant” to stand out as a vehicle that projects stories that must never be forgotten: stories that show you such courage that you should never forget, and stories that show the world such profound lessons that the world should never forget. In doing so, the initiative aims at creating awareness and opening up channels of communication towards creating societies of tolerance, peacebuilding and equality.
The mission of the Red Elephant Foundation is:
- To be the voice of the unheard all over the world by telling their stories
- To be a conduit for awareness of challenges faced by people in all social contexts
- To be a change-making organisation that serves to transform mindsets towards women and girls by making allies out of men and boys
- To encourage people to be change-makers at all levels
- To encourage schools and educational institutions to include a diversity and empathy component by encouraging men and women to celebrate their diversities by beginning to respect them at first.
- To encourage governments and policy-makers to draft and implement law and policy through a mainstreamed lens to serve all people equally
- To inspire peace through dialogue, awareness and inspiration.
The overarching goal of the Red Elephant Foundation is to be a bridge between the empowered and the yet-to-be-empowered sections in society. The initiative perceives empowerment as a state of mind where a person is sovereign over their mind and body, and by extension, is the maker of their destiny. The Red Elephant Foundation hopes to catalyse the creation of an achievement-oriented future for every boy, girl, man and woman who signs up to be touched by its work.
Upholding the Principles of Conflict Transformation
The Red Elephant Foundation engages in advocacy for peaceful coexistence and conflict transformation through advocacy and stories that uphold the principles of conflict transformation.
Where and with Whom?
The Red Elephant Foundation operates in Kebbi, Sokoto, Zamfara, Katsina, Kaduna, Kano and Jigawa states, Abuja FCT.
Main Activities in the Field of Conflict Transformation
The Red Elephant Foundation’s main activities include:
- Capacity building for community and CSOs members on conflict transformation
- Establishment of community resource centre and care on HIV/AIDs, TB and Malaria in Kebbi State.
- Social mobilization program
- Engagement of development partners to promote health care intervention programs on child survivals, reproductive health and sustainable development.
- Collaborating and networking with other bilateral and multilateral NGOs for sustainable human and state development.