- Where – Pakistan (Asia)
- Website – www.justpeaceint.org
- Contact Person – Ali Gohar
- Email – email@example.com
- Address – H-772, Hassan Street, Behind VIP Guest House Old Bara Road, University Town KPK, Peshawar, Pakistan
Areas of Expertise
Just Peace Initiatives has expertise in a range of areas, including:
Main Aims and Objectives
Just Peace Initiatives (JPI) is a non-governmental organization, working to build “a just civil society based on justice and peace through conflict transformation methods, and harnessing the creative energies of the poor and underprivileged”. This aim is achieved with the close collaboration of partner communities and organizations through a participatory, demand responsive, gender and poverty sensitive integrated development approach in the Khyber-Pukhtoonkhwa, Baluchistan Provinces, and FATA.
Upholding the Principles of Conflict Transformation
JPI upholds the Principles of Conflict Transformation through, for instance, the capacity-building of stakeholders, indigenous institutional research and updates as per the new human rights and conflict transformation scientific approaches. Introduction and implementation of an indigenous system of peacebuilding and restorative justice.
Where and with Whom?
- Khyber Pukhtunkhawa Province,
- Baluchistan Province,
Key target groups:
- Local Elders,
- Police department,
- CBO’s Religious leaders,
- Interfaith Groups,
- Government Line Departments.
Main Activities in the Field of Conflict Transformation
JPI’s main activities in the field of conflict transformation include:
- Capacity-building of stakeholders,
- Practical resolution of conflicts through Muslahathi (reconciliation) committees, established at police station and jirga community-based indigenous institutions,
- Research on indigenous institutions and improvements in accordance with contemporary international human rights.
- Community policing and ADR thematic expert guidance to UN and Government organizations.