- Where - Yemen (The Middle East)
- Website - www.youthdo.org/en
- Contact Person - Maged Thabet Saleh Sultan
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address - Post Office Street, Taiz, Republic of Yemen
Areas of Expertise
The Youth Development Organization has expertise in a range of areas, including:
Main Aims and Objectives
- 1. Building youths’ capabilities and developing their skills in order to push the process of development;
- 2. Contributing to achieving youth-related objectives of the Millennium Development Goals and activating the role of media in the development of youth;
- 3. Enhancing youth concepts and practices of civil education and practices of democracy, which serve the concept of partnership and citizenship and reject violence, extremism and terrorism;
- 4. Enhancing local, regional and international partnerships in all youth-related activities, strengthening the principle of communication and dialogue among different cultures and civilizations;
- 5. Contributing to amending public and private policies which negatively affect the status of youth in the community;
- 6. Observing and documenting youth-related issues in the community.
Upholding the Principles of Conflict Transformation
- 1. YDO plays an effective role in conflict transformation through different activities in partnership with other local and international organizations;
- 2. YDO designs activities and projects that uphold the principles of conflict transformation;
- 3. YDO endeavours to expand its partnerships and memberships with other local and international organizations and coalations.
Where and with Whom?
YDO works in all the governorates of the Republic of Yemen. It works with all community members, particularly youth, plus the public and private sector, and other partner NGOs in all cities.
Main Activities in the Field of Conflict Transformation
YDO has already implemented a variety of projects that serve the principles of conflict transformation:
- 1. ‘Youth for the Community’ – empowered youth to play an effective role in raising community awareness in relevant topics like democracy, human rights etc.;
- 2. ‘Enhancing Yemeni Youths’ Understanding of Citizenship and Democracy’ – includes a number of activities that empower youth in political participation and the peaceful struggle for better changes;
- 3. ‘Peaceful Struggle of Marginalized Groups’ – empowered youth to politically participate in the peaceful struggle for better living standards;
- 4. ‘Youth Leadership and Dialogue’ – empowered youth to transform conflicts by the use of dialogue and leadership skills;
- 5. YDO has also participated in many activities like International Peace Day 2011 and other activities that contribute to engaging youth and community members in the peaceful tools of changes.