TransConflict supports the International Campaign to Stop Rape and Gender Violence in Conflict.
|Principles||GCCT Members||Apply to Join|
The International Campaign to Stop Rape and Gender Violence in Conflict calls for:
- Powerful and urgent leadership on the local, national, regional, and international levels to prevent and stop rape and gender violence and conflict situations;
- A dramatic increase in resources for prevention and protection and for psychosocial and physical healing for survivors, their families, and communities, including concerted efforts to end stigma of survivors;
- Justice for victims, including prosecution of perpetrators at national, regional, and international levels, and comprehensive reparation for survivors.
The reasons for this call is:
- Because rape and gender violence destroy individuals and families, entire communities and the fabric of society;
- Because rape and gender violence have increasingly become a deliberate tactic of terror in war and other conflict situations;
- Because in recent years along, massive numbers of women – and sometimes men and boys – have suffered not only the physical trauma of rape and gender violence in war and other conflict situations, but also the shame and stigma that often leaves survivors suffering in silence;
- Because perpetrators of rape and gender violence go unpunished and impunity is the order of the day;
- Because national, regional, and international commitments to end rape and gender violence in war and other conflict situations are either seriously inadequate or are not being enforced; and
- Because women and girls, men and boys across the world demand and expect justice.