Afghanistan’s strategic geographic location and ethnic diversity has resulted in decades of wars, deriving from both external and internal causes, including the US-led invasion and subsequent insurgency.
GCCT members from Afghanistan:
- Afghan Women Services and Educational Organization (AWSE)
- Bureau for Reconstruction and Development (BRD)
- Cooperation for Peace and Unity
- Educational and Training Center for Poor Women and Girls of Afghanistan
- Sanayee Development Organization
View from the Darul Aman Palace, sixteen kilometers outside the center of Kabul, Afghanistan (photo made available by Pitcdbf under GNU Free Documentation License)