The Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA) reign of terror – particularly in the districts of Gulu, Kitgum and Pader – lead to the displacement an estimated 1.6m people and the abduction of some 30,000 children, most forced to serve as soldiers.
GCCT members from Uganda:
- African Youth Peace Initiative (AYPI)
- Center for Conflict Resolution (CECORE)
- Conflict Resolution by Youth Uganda
- Global Family Rescue Uganda
- The Populace Foundation – Uganda
- Uganda Harm Reduction Network
In order to prevent abductions and looting by the Lords Resistance Army (LRA), the Ugandan government moved more than two million people into “protected villages”, often by force. Photo courtesy of IRIN.