- Where – Kenya (Eastern Africa)
- Website – www.act.or.ke
- Contact Person – Caroline Ndegwa
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address – Umeme Plaza, off Old Naivasha Road, Nairobi
- Other – Facebook
Areas of Expertise
Act Change Transform (ACT) has expertise in a range of areas, including:
- Good Governance and Security Sector Reform
- Human, Minority and Women’s Rights
- Sustainable Human Development
Main Aims and Objectives
To work with others for positive change focusing on four thematic areas:
- Peacebuilding and Conflict Transformation;
- Democracy and Governance;
- Womens Empowerment;
- Environment and natural resource management.
ACT’s methodololgy entails capacity development through small grants, so it manage grants on behalf of donors.
Upholding the Principles of Conflict Transformation
ACT’s work is founded upon sound context and conflict analysis:
- ACT works with all relevant stakeholders – government and non government;
- ACT employs an empowering methodology, building capacities from baseline analysis;
- ACT utilizes local resources;
- ACT is committed to conflict sensitivity;
Where and with whom?
In all the provinces of Kenya. ACT works through and with non-state actors based all over the country. ACT has field offices in at least three areas and a main office in Nairobi.
Main Activities in the Field of Conflict Transformation
ACT’s main activities include:
- Conflict analysis;
- Early warning – ACT has just been appointed IGADs Fund Administrative Unit for Kenya;
- Community level dialogue and consensus building;
- Training, mentoring and coaching;
- Peace education;
- Peace through sports;
- Peace advocacy;
- Trauma healing facilitation;
- Coordination – Member of the National Steering Committee on peacebuilding.