- Where – Tanzania (Eastern Africa)
- Contact Person – Ali Mussa Mwadini
- Email – email@example.com
- Address – Jimkana, P.O. Box 2398, Zanzibar
- Other – firstname.lastname@example.org
Areas of Expertise
Zanzibar Peace, Truth and Transparency Association has expertise in a range of areas, including:
Main Aims and Objectives
- To build a peaceful Zanzibar community free from violence, conflict, hatred and fear;
- To promote compassion, understanding and tolerance of difference;
- To promote peace communities in villages and districts, encouraging and strengthening a national movement for a culture of peace in Zanzibar;
- To ensure that conflicts are dealt with constructively through institutional channels.
Upholding the Principles of Conflict Transformation
ZPTTA’s activities have been inspired by the resurgence of political misunderstandings between ruling and opposition political parties in every multi-party election since 1995, result in conflict that distorts the social fabric in Zanzibar. ZPTTA is committed to addressing those political misunderstandings in order to safeguard Zanzibar communities. In this respect, ZPTTA brings together communities and co-operates with institutions to promote peacebuilding and conflict transformation through negotiation, reconciliation, dialogue forgiveness and building a culture of peace.
Where and with whom?
ZPTTA is works directly with Zanzibar communities from the grass-roots up to the national level, including engaging village leaders, and district community organizations.
ZPTTA’s main counterparts are political parties, religious groups, government institutions, educational establishments and government ministries, particularly those of Education and Justice.
Main activities in the field of conflict transformation
- Training-of-trainers on sensitizing communities in conflict and peacebuilding;
- Workshops to raise awareness on conflict resolution and peace building for political and religious leaders;
- Community sensitize meetings on government unity and peacekeeping at the regional and district level;
- Conduct workshops and seminars for academics on conflict resolution, negotiation, peacekeeping and human rights;
- Promoting and sustaining a true culture of Peace and harmony in Zanzibar through awareness raising activities through academic institutions, faith-based organizations and mass media;
- Conducting baseline surveys and impact assessments of project activities related to peacekeeping, conflict resolution, human rights, gender mainstreaming and empowerment.