- Where – Uganda (Eastern Africa)
- Contact Person – David Turyahebwa
- Email – UCODEF.Uganda@gmail.com
- Address – P.0. Box 24211, Kampala
Areas of Expertise
The Uganda Community Development Foundation has expertise in a range of areas, including:
Main Aims and Objectives
Uganda Community Development Foundation works holistically to ensure peaceful and poverty free communities enjoying their rights and fundamental freedoms.
UCODEF aims to empower households and communities with the skills and capacities to pursue participatory approaches to sustainable development.
Upholding the Principles of Conflict Transformation
UCODEF forms community groups that reflect on the challenges facing communities, developing action points and work plans, and (with the help of UCODEF’s field facilitators) share best practices.
Where and with Whom
UCODEF is based in the central region of Uganda, working particularly in the Wakiso District. UCODEF works with households, communities, district local government authorities, similar interest groups, government ministries, CBOs, NGOs, international agencies and business communities.
Main Activities in the Field of Conflict Transformation
UCODEF’s main activities in the field of conflict transformation include:
- Human rights education in schools and communities.
- Forming peace and conflict groups in communities.
- Establishing Village Savings and Loans Associations (VSLAs).
- Setting up peace and human rights volunteers in communities.
- Engaging in mediation.
- Provision of counseling and psychotherapy.