- Where – Libya (Northern Africa)
- Website – www.horiyat.org
- Contact Person – Adel Alfetory
- Email – email@example.com
- Address – Tripoli, Libya
Areas of Expertise
Horiyat Group for Development and Human Rights has expertise in a range of areas, including:
Main Aims and Objectives
Horiyat Group for Development and Human Rights’ main aims and objectives are to:
- Promote peace issues;
- Define the importance of co-existence;
- Achieve respect for different cultural components;
- Promote dialogue and acceptance of others;
- Build a culture of respect for rights and freedoms.
Upholding the Principles of Conflict Transformation
Horiyat engages in peacebuilding projects in post-war areas which have been exposed to the adverse effects of conflict. Horiyat provides training programs on dialogue and mediation and conflict transformation, supporting the transformation by working with the respective conflicting parties. Horiyat trains these conflicting parties about the culture of dialogue, acceptance of others and building a common ground.
Where and with Whom
Horiyat works in regions and cities away from the capital in the south of Libya, with activities on the national level.
Horiyat has partners from non-governmental organizations in Libya working on strengthening fundamental rights and freedoms, plus organizations working in the field of humanitarian relief and immigration, including the UN mission in Libya.
Main Activities in the Field of Conflict Transformation
Horiyat Group for Development and Human Rights’ main activities in the field of conflict transformation include:
- Designing programs that support local issues after studying conflict situations in different regions.
- Providing opportunities for dialogue between leaders, the community and civil society institutions;
- Working to open channels of communication and build relationships between parties in conflict;
- Monitoring the situation of civil peace and communal relations;
- Issuing recommendations to governments and state agencies;
- Working on a training committee.