- Where - Sudan (Northern Africa)
- Website - www.sahdcg.kabissa.org
- Address - No. 43, Katrina St., Khartoum, P.O. Box 1137, Sudan
- Other - firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Areas of Expertise
The Social And Human Development Consultative Group has expertise in a range of areas, including:
Main Aims and Objectives
SAHDCG is a think tank that evidence-based polices and programs for social and human development. Poverty reduction, conflict resolution, as well as development, are central to SAHDCG’s multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary work. Desegregation of interventions by population and spatial distribution provide SAHDCG with the level of variation and specificity about dynamics of conflict and the plausibility of interventions.
Upholding the Principles of Conflict Transformation
Beween 2000 and 2008, the organisation have conducted more than 650 activities in all of Sudan, especially the war torn parts of the south, the east and Darfur. It is currently involved in civil soeity capacity building and engaged in many good governance and peace building activities.
Where and with Whom
SAHDCG covers all the states of Sudan (with some partners in South Sudan). In each of the 15 states capital cities, SAHDCG has at least give partners who already benefited from SAHDCG’s programs of organization development and capacity building. During the civic and voter education campaign launched by NEC and other international partners UNDP, IOM, NDI, to name a few, SAHDCG worked closely and trained 500 activists in elimination of elections related violence.
Main Activities in the Field of Conflict Transformation
- Before the signing of the CPA, SAHDCG worked with UNDP to train 60 NGOs and CBOs in both govern held and rebel held areas in conflict resolution.
- After the signature of the CPA, SAHDCG worked on many fronts of peace building, assessment of process of implementation with UNMIS, CONCORDIS International, ISS, Small Arms Survey and ACCORD.
- Now the National Forum on Reconciliation and Peace Building, with shared focal points with the peace commission in South Sudan is standby to promote peaceful coexistence across South – Sudan boarders.