- Where - Ivory Coast (Western Africa)
- Contact Person - James Offuh
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address - 2 Plateaux Angre Bd Cite des Oscars, Rue Alocod Kakie, Abidjan, Ivory Coast
Main Aims and Objectives
The main purpose is to promote a culture of peace and non-violence, democracy, good governance, human rights, humanitarianism and environmental protection.
UFPACI contributes to peacebuilding, peacemaking and peacekeeping activities, teaching about the causes and consequences of conflict and proposing practical transformative measures in order to enhance the adoption – and practice – of culture of peace and non-violence.
Upholding the Principles of Conflict Transformation
To uphold the principle of conflict transformation, UFPACI organizes inter-ethnic cultural and sporting activities amongst the conflicting groups, communities and parties. UFPACI is elaborating a collaborative network with other peacebuilding stakeholders, NGOs and community groups, in order to establish a cultural diplomacy platform to encourage compromise and a constructive communications strategy throughout the resolution process.
Where and with whom?
UFPACI works at the local and national level, and is considering expanding its activities across borders. UFPACI is located in Abidjan, the economic capital of Cote d’ivoire.
UFPACI works with NGOs and government institutions.
Main activities in the field of conflict transformation
UFPACI’s main activities are:
- teaching young people the universal values that promote peace;
- creating awareness on the causes and consequences of conflict;
- encouraging young people to appropriate the culture of peace and non-violence;
- appointed actors as peace and non-violence Ambassadors;
- concerts, dances and drama displays, plus sporting activities, in divided schools, cities, towns, villages etc.