- Where – Bangladesh (Asia)
- Website – www.microgovernance.org
- Contact Person – Aynul Islam
- Email – email@example.com
- Address – R 404, 3rd Floor, Lecture Theatre Building, University of Dhaka, Dhaka 1000, Bangladesh
Areas of Expertise
The Microgovernance Research Initiative has expertise in a range of areas, including:
Main Aims and Objectives
MGR’s fundamental objective is to promote microanalysis of conflict, violence and governance. The Initiative’s main objectives are: Study and conduct research on issues related to governance, conflict and violence; provide a forum for exchange of ideas and knowledge among researchers, policy makers and relevant organisations; and to be engaged in and undertake training programme for communities and other stakeholders.
Upholding the Principles of Conflict Transformation
MGR considers violence in conflict is not merely an output rather a as part of the process of conflict. So MGR is more interested in research, advocacy and engagement activities related to the process of conflict and violence. The organisation believe conflict or violence is not distant from the society; it has microfoundation within the society. And successful transformation require integration of micro-level actors, causes and triggers.
Where and with Whom
The organisation is based on Dhaka, Bangladesh. It has different sub-area of work in the rural districts of Bangladesh. We are also part of different national and international networks and organisation. For instance, MGR collaborates with CRG, Belgium and CICOPS, Italy, etc.
Main Activities in the Field of Conflict Transformation
- Understanding the logic of conflict and violence in the Chittagong Hill Tracts, Bangladesh
- Debate for Governance – dfg – a youth front of MGR to promote awareness through debate and discussion;
- Civic Initiative against political violence;