- Where – Pakistan (Asia)
- Website – www.jadfoundation.org.pk
- Contact Person – Syed Harir Shah
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address – House No. 597, Street 48, G-10/4, Islamabad
Areas of Expertise
The Justice, Aid and Development (JAD) Foundation has expertise in a range of areas, including:
Main Aims and Objectives
Justice, Aid and Development (JAD) Foundation is a humanitarian and development based research organization established in December 1994 and registered in 2000 under the Voluntary Social Welfare Agencies (Registration and Control) OrdinanceXLVI of 1961, to supplement the efforts of the government in advocating a long-term solution for the socio-economic challenges of environment, energy, poverty, food security, national security, and globalization challenges, owing to geophysical and political complexities, demographic pressure, natural resource constraints, poor governance, lack of policy consistency, corruption, sectarian conflict, violence, extremism, conflicting international relations, and terrorism.
Vision – Cultivating human power through education, knowledge, technology transformation, and research to address development challenges of the 21st century at local/national and global level for sustainable development of future generation and the mother earth.
Mission – To create an enabling environment that ensures social and solidarity economy, climate justice, and inclusive humanistic realm thatcontributes to positive change to sustainable developmentof human-beings and fellow-creatures.
Upholding the Principles of Conflict Transformation
JAD Foundation upholds the principles of conflict transformation by respecting and promoting the coexistence of all religions, faiths, cultures, traditions and values and kinship, thereby helping to reduce conflict among and between peoples.
Where and with Whom?
JAD Foundation works in Pakistan, especially in the mountain regions of Hindukush, Karakurm and Haimaliya, as well as other cities of Pakistan.
One of JAD Foundation’s projects, Aghaz-e-Dosti, is working on peacebuilding and conflict resolution with the youth leadership of India.
Main Activities in the Field of Conflict Transformation
JAD Foundation’s main conflict transformation activities include:
- Local-level peace committee for conflict resolution.
- Promoting peace in school, madrasa and religious center.
- Working with religious leaders respecting the culture norms and tradition for peace building.
- Youth team participating in national and international conferences on peace.
- Organizing conference, workshops and camp on peacebuilding with Indian youth for over three years.
- Launching peace calendars between the two countries with peace and love messages by youth and scholars.