- Where – France (Europe)
- Website - www.modop.org
- Contact Person - Claske Dijkema
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address - 46 Rue d’Alembert, 38660, Grenoble
Areas of Expertise
Modus Operandi for Conflict Transformation has expertise in a range of areas, including:
Main Aims and Objectives
Modus Operandi is an independent Institute that works towards conflict transformation through research, training and debate.
It works with a broad definition of conflict, from social to armed conflict, with a special focus on political crises. Modus Operandi approaches conflict as an opening for social transformation. In order to untangle conflictual relationships and to establish lasting peace, a period of political transition needs to be accompanied by the political transformation of conflicts.
Modus Operandi works with local stakeholders as well as international networks, with modes of action such as face-to-face teaching, online training, meetings and rounds of dialogue as well as publications.
Upholding the Principles of Conflict Transformation
In order to work towards an understanding of conflict as a potentially positive and productive force for change, Modus Operandi offers online courses on conflict transformation for a global audience of people working in conflict situations.
Modus Operandi subscribes to the idea that creative problem-solving is an integral part of conflict transformation. It therefore works with cultural expression as a means towards conflict transformation.
Because conflict transformation should linke the micro-, meso- and macro-levels; local and global, Modus Operandi works with a large range of actors: from neighbourhood committees in areas marked by urban violence in the city in which Modus Operandi is based to large network organisations at European level, plus international actors such as the African Union.
Where and with Whom
Modus Operandi for Conflict Transformation works with, amongst others:
- Universities and institutions of higher education around Grenoble
- The Network University in Amsterdam/Kenya
- Researchers working on conflict analysis and transformation worldwide
- Lobbying organisations in Europe
- Participants in our training programs from all over the world (NGO’s and International Orgs)
- Conflict transformation partners in Southern Africa
- Partners working on governance issues in Central Africa and Central Asia
- Question of xenophobia and urban violence in Europe
Main Activities in the Field of Conflict Transformation
Modus Operandi for Conflict Transformation’s main activities include:
- Online Training on Conflict Transformation;
- University Courses;
- Online database on peace and conflict transformation;
- Publication of analysis and pedagogical material.