Areas of Expertise
Main Aims and Objectives
- Its Mission is to inspire, empower and equip youth as leaders of today and tomorrow.
- Its vision is to promote and develop youth leadership skills for social development.
Upholding the Principles of Conflict Transformation
The Academy was formed with a mandate to help shape the future of young people by granting them access to programs and resources that would inspire and challenge them.
Where and with Whom
The Academy is based in the Iyana-ilogbo community of Ogun state, where it focuses upon community development.
Main Activities in the Field of Conflict Transformation
- Youth Leadership Training Program – helps in equip young people with skills, tools and support they require to become the much needed change agents in their respective societies.
- HIV/AIDS Awareness Campaign – sensitize youths on the dangers of HIV/AIDS. Periodically, lecture programs are organized by the Academy for this purpose.
- Opportunities for Career Development/Self Discovery – AFYDA offers unique opportunities for a career development and self-discovery through entertainment, including acting, singing and dance.