- Where – India (Asia)
- Website - www.liwat.blogspot.in
- Contact Person - Ningthoukhongjam Rajesh Singh
- Email - email@example.com
- Address - Uripok Ningthoukhongjam Leikai, Manipur, India, Imphal west Pin no. 795001
Areas of Expertise
Life Watch has expertise in a range of areas, including:
Main Aims and Objectives
Life Watch is an independent organizations dedicated to defending and protecting human rights. By focusing international attention where human rights are violated, LW gives voice to the oppressed and hold oppressors accountable for their crimes. LW’s rigorous, objective investigations and strategic, targeted advocacy build intense pressure for action and raise the cost of human rights abuse.Mission Statement
- Dedicated to protecting the human rights of people around the world;
- Stands with victims and activists to prevent discrimination;
- Uphold political freedom and to bring offenders to justice;
- Investigates and expose human rights violations and hold abusers accountable;
- Challenges governments and those who hold power to end abusive practices and respect international human rights law;
- Enlists the public and the international community to support the cause of human rights for all.
Upholding the Principles of Conflict Transformation
LW organizes awareness raising campaigns, and provides education about the rights and duties of citizens in Manipur.
Violence against women is often ignored and rarely punished. Women and girls suffer disproportionately from violence – both in peace and in war, at the hands of the state, the community and the family. A life free from violence is a basic human right. From the home to the conflict zone, violence against women must stop.
Life Watch is campaigning to Stop Violence Against Women:
- Pushes for the implementation of existing laws that guarantee access to justice and services for women subjected to violence including rape and other forms of sexual violence;
- Calls for new laws to be enacted that will protect women’s human rights;
- Demands an end to laws that discriminate against women;
- Urges the ending of violence against women perpetrated by a state and its agents;
- Works to empower women
Where and with Whom?
Life Watch is based in Manipur, in the corner of the north east of India. Manipur is home to more than thirty fraternal ethnic groups, a historical state with a recorded history of more than 2000 years.India’s northeastern state of Manipur, bordering China, Bangladesh and Myanmar, has become the testing ground for lethal anti-personnel landmines and improvised explosive devices (IEDs) by several rebel groups, who use landmines to inflict damage on security forces.
Main Activities in the Field of Conflict Transformation
- Campaigns to stop armed conflict in Manipur.
- Provide free legal services to the people of Manipur.
- Visits and assists the families of victims of armed conflict;
- Organizes a free medical camp in remote areas;