- Where - Lebanon (The Middle East)
- Contact Person - Eugene Sensenig-Dabbous
- Email - email@example.com
- Other - Facebook
Areas of Expertise
Initiatives of Change Mount Lebanon has expertise in a range of areas, including:
Main Aims and Objectives
IofC Mount Lebanon is part of the international Initiatives of Change network (formally Moral Rearmament MRA). The Mount Lebanon section concentrates primarily on work with youth (18-30) in the areas of conflict transformation, anti-corruption, and memory (Vergangenheitsbewältigung).
Upholding the Principles of Conflict Transformation
IoC is currently working on several projects, both independently and with domestic and international partners, e.g.:
- Truth-telling: fourth generation Armenians and Turks in Lebanon talk about 1915 (together with UMAM and ForumZFD);
- Youth dialogue in the Chouf mountains bringing together Maronite and Druze youth;
- Politics and Sports: the role of sports in promoting sectarian conflict;
- The Artistic Expression of Non-Rememberance.
Where and with Whom
IoC Mount Lebanon has a close working relationship with IoC international, and also works with the Beirut “Memory” organization, UMAM, the German ForumZFD, and is preparing to work with the Austrian Service Abroad (Österreichischer Auslandsdienst).
Main Activities in the Field of Conflict Transformation
IoC focuses upon the Armenian genocide, plus youth and confessional conflict transformation, including sport and art. IofC Mount Lebanon started in 2009 after what many call the “”mini-civil war”” of May 2008.