TransConflict is pleased to announce the on-going expansion of the Global Coalition for Conflict Transformation, with the addition of five new members from Cyprus, Colombia, Liberia, Nepal, the Democratic Republic of Congo, respectively.
The new members of the GCCT are:
- Conciliation – Peace Economics Network (Cyprus) – works to encourage research and bring together people interested in the concept of peace economics as a form of facilitating transformation and thereby contributing to fostering peace and conflict resolution.
- Movement Against Violence and Impunity in Africa (Liberia) – dedicated to proposing and implementing programs aimed at limiting government powers, fighting corruption and opening governments, restoring order and security, ensuring effective regulatory enforcement, effective civil justice, criminal justice and informal justice.
- EuroLatinAmerican Institute for Justice and Rule of Law (Colombia) – works to promote the rule of law in Latin America. With an emphasis on two countries (for the time being), EULALEX participates in programs to establish jurisprudence and return allow access to rights to the whole (and especially vulnerable) population, works with victims of armed conflict and advises the judiciary of Colombia.
- Peace for People (Nepal) – promotes transition to sustainable ways of living, and a society founded on a shared ethical framework that includes respect and care for the community of life, ecological integrity, universal human rights, respect for diversity, economic justice, democracy and a culture of peace.
- Reseau des Femmes en Action pour le Developpement Social (Democratic Republic of Congo) – defends and promotes human rights in general, with a focus on women, youth and children; fights against sexually transmitted diseases, such as AIDS; promotes peace and reconcilitaion between divided communities and churches; and makes people become centres for non violence in their communities.
How to join the GCCT?
The Global Coalition for Conflict Transformation (GCCT) brings together non-profit organizations committed to upholding and implementing the Principles of Conflict Transformation. The GCCT’s mission is to raise awareness and understanding about conflict transformation, facilitate theoretical and policy-oriented debate on conflict transformation, advocate for greater support for conflict transformation processes and catalyse the sharing of best practice between practitioners. The GCCT engages with all actors who can contribute to facilitating conflict transformation, and implements concrete activities aimed at upholding its stated objectives.
How to support the GCCT?
TransConflict is working to establish a Global Conflict Transformation Fund that will provide vital funding for the conflict transformation and peacebuilding activities of members of the Global Coalition for Conflict Transformation.
You can contribute to the Global Conflict Transformation Fund in a variety of simple ways!
- Donate on-line using PayPal!
- Contribute through the BigGive!
- Download Give As You Live and donate when shopping on-line!
- Contribute small commissions when using links from TransConflict.com to purchase from Amazon!
- Make a donation when shopping on EBay through MissionFish!
- Leave a legacy in a will for conflict transformation.
- Contract TransConflict with your ideas and suggestions!